Dublin, 12 August 2021: Today the award-winning global startup engagement program Mastercard Start Path welcomes 11 fintech companies into its network to receive dedicated support, access to customers and product teams, and opportunities to co-innovate. Irish fintech,
Layer is among the new joiners.
The Dublin-based innovator provides an open banking platform to help financial institutions, including retail banks, corporate banks, Islamic banks, credit unions and insurance companies, deliver superior customer experiences and enhanced digital capabilities.
Founded, in 2011, Layer aims to create better banking and finance outcomes for customers using its powerful software as a service (SaaS) platform, empowering its clients across 25 different markets, reaching over 25 million consumers.
“When fintech companies thrive, we all benefit,” said Amy Neale, Senior Vice President,Fintech & Enablers at Mastercard. “We’re excited for Layer to join the Mastercard Start Path program where they’ll receive access to our technology, customers and mentorship to accelerate their journey to grow and scale.”
“We are delighted to be partnering with Mastercard as part of their global startup engagement program to create better banking and finance outcomes for customers globally. As banks look to modernise, transform, and digitalise their systems in a sustainable and future-proof way, Layer will strive to accelerate these efforts worldwide,” commented Roy Zakka, Founder and CEO of Layer.
Ten other start ups also join the Start Path global network including Finmod, Flourish Savings, GenEQTY, Karri, KeyChain Pay, Kwara, Osper, Swap, upSWOT and Wellthi, all of whom have been selected to participate and are using gamification, behavioral science, social banking platforms and more to modernize payments.
Mastercard has a track record of co-innovating with startups. Since founding Start Path in 2014, the company has provided mentorship, support and access to more than 260 startups that have gone on to collectively raise more than $5 billion in capital. The following startups are joining this growing network to rapidly scale their business:
● Layer‘s open banking platform helps financial institutions deliver superior customer experiences with increased digital capabilities.
● Finmod helps small businesses forecast financials 10 times faster and make financial decisions in real-time.
● Flourish Savings uses gamification and behavioral science to empower individuals to establish positive money habits and achieve financial security.
● GenEQTY offers a digital banking platform that informs, tracks and organizes business expenses, enabling business owners to manage cash flow and get relevant funding.
● Karri is a mobile payment app that facilitates fast and easy payments to schools and community organizations.
● KeyChain Pay is a smart platform for landlords and tenants to collect and pay rent using AI and credit card tokenization.
● Kwara is a digital banking platform that gives members an easier way to manage money, build a credit history and modernize their business.
● Osper empowers young people to earn, spend and save in a safe, protected environment through prepaid debit cards and simple mobile banking.
● Swap is an end-to-end financial solution that empowers next-generation merchants to expand their footprint, deliver unmatched product experiences and boost their economics.
● upSWOT offers a white-labeled business health dashboard that powers online and mobile banking platforms with 150+ API-enabled apps.
● Wellthi builds social banking solutions to help clients leverage the power of AI, data and online communities to attract and retain new customer segments.
Of this group, GenEQTY, Finmod and Wellthi are joining the new Start Path track dedicated to supporting early-stage startups led by founders from backgrounds underrepresented in the fintech space as part of Mastercard’s In Solidarity commitments.
As the fintech landscape continues to evolve and diversify, Mastercard embraces opportunities to support and collaborate with digital players to unlock potential and build the next generation of commerce.
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Ready to scale your business with Mastercard as your global partner? Apply to Start Path here.
Layer is a digital transformation platform that enables large financial institutions to rapidly revolutionize their customer and back-office digital experiences. Positioned to accelerate the digital transformation of the finance sector globally, the company is creating better banking and finance outcomes for customers using its powerful SaaS platform to empower its clients. The digital banking platform operates across 25 different markets and delivers banking services to over 25 million consumers through its existing partnerships with United Bank for Africa (UBA) AlBaraka (Bahrain), Al Alizz (Oman), Zenith (Nigeria) and First National Bank (Lebanon). Based in Dublin, Ireland, Layer also has a presence in Lagos and Dubai and employs over 75 staff globally.
©2021 Layer, Alexandra House, 3 Ballsbridge Park, Dublin, Ireland.